Day 12: Media and Information Sources (Laboratory)




The twelfth day of class for the second semester for Media and Information Literacy '17-'18. Our teacher, Mr. Rodel Mansilla Opiana, gave us a group task. It is to Interview an individual, a leader in any legal organization, in school. The teacher gave us guide questions that will be used to ask the selected person of the group. Here are the questions:

  1. Introduce the respondent for the interview
  2. Ask the respondent to briefly explain their role in the school community.
  3. Ask the respondent to share the type of information they are responsible for or the information that they receive and pass on to the school community.
  4. How is the type of information that you handle helpful to the school community? In what ways does passing on this information help the school community? 
  5. How do you know that the information you pass on is true?
  6. Are these pieces of information available in popular media?

Our chosen individual is Ms. Rhea V. Limin from 11-Fermat. She is the Comelec chairman of our school. You can see below the video of the interview by the group:




After the interview, Mr. Opiana gave us another task. We are going to make an essay based on two questions. My work is shown below:  

How do people find information that matches my needs?

           The online world is said to be a vast place. In my experiences, I used the internet to search for the information I might need. I have to go through multiple sites looking for the information and try to get the best from all of it. It is a good thing that we have Google because it makes searching very easy. It shows related topics and articles that I might need.

How do I choose from the wide variety of information made available by different sources?

           Categorizing information, there are some that I need and not need. I would choose first the available information which is relevant to my topic and compare it with other relevant information. Instead of just choosing information, I would try to combine them, probably making it more credible as it came from different sources which leads to the same specific point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Indigenous Media and Information

Day 15: Media and Information Languages (Laboratory)

Day 13: Media and Information Languages (Lecture)