Ika-7 Araw: Karunungan gumamit ng Impormasyon


     Source: https://libraryconnect.elsevier.com/articles/constant-evolution-information-literacy

The seventh day of class for the second semester for Media and Information Literacy '17-'18. Our teacher, Mr. Rodel Mansilla Opiana, discussed Information Literacy.


We had an activity about the Most Influential Person in Your Life. It discussed about who, what, when, where, why, and how that person affected our lives. My work is seen below:


Who? (Who is this person?) 
Richerly Domingo, a respectable man and father.

What? (What aspects did he influence?) 
My way of thinking, moral and values, use of logic, and actions got influenced by what I can see from him.

When? (When did I realize his influence?) 
When I saw myself having his way of thinking and attitude.

Where? (Where did his influence take place?)
His influence took place every time ever since I was born.

Why? (Why did he influence me?)
He developed my attitude to be a better man.

How? (How did he influence me?)
By supporting me, giving lectures and reminders, and saying "quotable" sentences.

After that, we discussed more about Information Literacy. We discussed about the stages and elements of Information Literacy. 
To apply the knowledge, our teacher gave us a Situation:

"According to the weather forecast, there is no typhoon. However, your locality is experiencing heavy rainfall, while some parts in your province / region are already flooded. There are reported incidents of landslide, evacuation, stranded vehicles and drowning. As a student, what are you going to do?"

We were asked to answer a table by using the stages/elements and given guide questions. My Answer is seen below:



Finishing the lesson, I learned that getting information is important but what is more important is the steps on getting it. It could be a long process but to get the proper information, we have no choice but to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Indigenous Media and Information

Day 15: Media and Information Languages (Laboratory)

Day 13: Media and Information Languages (Lecture)